Re: tlug: /bin/mail

> I've got a question about /bin/mail. ...

... [snip] ...

> everyone:       "|/etc/runmailto group 200\\\|201\\\|202\\\|203\\\|204\\\|300\\\|400"
> kyokan:         "|/etc/runmailto group 200"
> ug:             "|/etc/runmailto group 201"

... [snip] ...

> ... every message ends up
> with a standard subject header ...

... [snip] ...

> R  [  32: mail                ] Note from Nomolog

... [snip] ...

> Anyone have any idea how to improve on this?

I'm not sure whether my question was incomprehensible, or no one knew the
answer, or the subject was just too thoroughly disinteresting, but I think
I've found the answer to my question.  So for those of you who where HANGING
ON THE EDGE OF YOUR CHAIRS in eager anticipation of THE WORD on how to keep
headers from piling up like that, the answer is:

  Use "|/usr/sbin/sendmail -t", kid, and your problems will solve
  themselves.

I haven't tested this all the way through, but initial fiddling suggests
that sendmail -t reads the headers of the actual text sent to it, and
forwards it appropriately without adding further To: CC: or Bcc: fields.
So all I need is a regexp that replaces the alias with the recipient's name
wherever it occurs in the headers.

Just thought I'd share that little gem with everyone. :)

Cheers,
Frank Bennett
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691