Re: rsync (was: tlug: statistics first try)

Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com> wrote,

> On 21-May-98 Manuel Chakravarty wrote:
> > Although, ange-ftp is very nice, another very convenient
> > software for mirroring files and such is `rsync'.
>
> This looked so cool, I just had to go get it, compile and install
> it on my machine at home. Unfortunately, I ran into a little
> snag:
>
> schweiz:/hdd/webmaster/tlug$ rsync -Wv -e ssh meeting.html
> jims@example.com:/home/httpd/html/
> Enter passphrase for RSA key 'schweiz@example.com':
> bash: rsync: command not found
>
> I guess this is saying rsync has to be installed on both sides
> of the connection. Unless anyone objects, I'll install rsync on
> the TLUG server in a day or so...

Yes, like most `r'-commands it requires software on both
sides of the connection.  Especially, as computing the
`diff' of two files residing on two different files systems
(without copying one completely) is rather tricky.

Manuel

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691