Re: tlug: another disappointment

>I just thought everyone might like to read about an unsettling
>article that I found out about last night.  A major change from
>UNIX to Windows NT in the US Air Force.

Isn't this just a feasability study? Look what happened when Microsoft
bought into Hotmail and tried to force them into using NT. They gave up
and went back to Solaris. You can read about it here:

http://www.kirch.net/unix-nt/hotmail.html

If NT failed to run an Internet email system, is it going to have any
more success trying to run the US militarys' C&C? God help them. Come
to think of it, with NT in charge of the 'nukes, God help us all...

Gav
Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691