Re: tlug: statistics first try

From: Marcus Metzler <mocm@example.com>
Subject: tlug: statistics first try
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 14:25:44 +0900 (JST)

mocm>
mocm>  Unfortunately the connection to the tlug server is veeeeeeery slow, so
mocm>  I am having trouble setting everything up. Maybe it`s better on the
mocm>  weekend.

Marcus,
1) it is faster the weekend, especially Sunday.

2) We're most likely going to enjoy the generosity of PHT's donation
of 10M feed collocation soon.

3) One trick is to use ncftp -u
and login with your username and password.  Then, download the files
you want to edit to your local linux box.  ncftp uses a readline
type thing so it sends the entire command at one time.  This is
faster than using an IP package for every character.   You can
have the FTP session open on the remote and local machines, then
treat the configuration file like a local file.

4) thanks.  :-)

Regards,
Craig

----
Craig Oda   craigoda@example.com   http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craig

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691