tlug: Re:

Hi Miichael,

<199805200328.MAA00437@example.com>の記事において
mchiu@example.comさんは書きました。
>> I have a slackware machine at work that we are using as a mail server...
>>
>> I can't remember the version exactly, but I think it is 1.2.13
>>
>> Anyways, just a few questions:
>>
>> 1.	How can I access the postmaster's mail?  His mailbox fills up
>>   	quickly, and I have just resorted to deleting the whole mailbox,
>>   	and making a new empty one, and chowning it to the postmaster.
>>   	I am assuming that there's an easier way though...
How about setting an alias entry in /etc/aliases to send the
mails to an actual user (maybe yourself, or actual postmaster)?

>> 2.	Logging in via telnet is hellaslow... It takes about 45 sec to 1
>>   	minute to login, but if I enter a wrong password, it tells me
>>   	immediately... Is this normal?
Do you have dns or hosts file entry of the machine you are logging in
from?  I experienced the server tries to resolve the host name (which
takes a lot of time for retries if no entry is there) before it gives
"login".  FTP was also acting like this.

>> 3.	E-mail logins can be slow at times, but I am not sure what is
>>   	the source of these problems.  They happen, but then they go
>>   	away after a while.
Again it may be a host name resolution problem.

Regards,
Ken
Ken Harada = 原田 健		kenhrd@example.com
Hayama, Japan		http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd
Member of:
	Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama (IMASY)
	Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691