Re: tlug: Hello, I'm a newbie and help!

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Red Hat Linux User wrote:

> I called MicroSoft Japan for phone help once.
> They told me that answers cost something like
> 20,000 yen each, but they did package deals;
> 10 questions answered for 160,000.

All Japanese companies tend to be like that.  This isn't exactly Microsoft
per se.

>  	"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
> 				--  Bill Gates, 1981

Actually, Bill Gates publicly stated that he never said anything like
that, and no one (to the best of my knowledge) has ever produced a record
showing that he did.  I'm sure that if he had, there would be many
records of it.  This one looks like an urban legend to me :-)

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/>

Next Nomikai: (?) July, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691