Re: tlug: IPMASQ w/Flight Simulator 98

On Tue, May 19, 1998 at 02:53:32PM +0900, Scott Stone wrote:
> On Tue, 19 May 1998, Jim Tittsler wrote:
>
> > Has anyone already figured out how to get a masqueraded machine
> > to be able join in a multi-player FS98 flight?
>
> The new Linux kernels (2.0.33 at least) have a transparent proxy
> capability that should be able to handle it - ie, it tries to masquerade
> everything by a general mechanism... [...]

It doesn't seem to work with FS98.  I suspect it is a protocol where
communications on one port controls/open the real conversation on another.
(It does work with the Squawkbox ATC add-on however.)

> PS - if you want to test it out, I'm a big FS98 fan myself... never tried
> it online, though.. didn't see much point in that, unless there was some
> kind of ATC program that interfaced with it.

There are a variety... including Squawkbox (ATC) and multiplayer flights
(either through Microsoft's zone.com or a variety of public servers).

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691