tlug: LinuxPPC

Just saw this announcement on the net.  Thought it might be of interest to
some.   One day I hope to have the time to try it out.
[Previously LinuxPPC only supported PCI Power Macs with 601/603/604 CPUs]

Note.   LinuxPPC is not the same as the MkLinux for PPC being developed in
conjunction with Apple, but I think it is sometimes also known as
Linux-pmac.

tim :)

MADISON, Wisconsin --May 18, 1998-- PowerPC Linux Inc.
announced support for the Power Macintosh G3 computers today.

"The Power Macintosh G3 is the most powerful personal computer
available today," stated PowerPC Linux President Jeff Carr.
"This update enables owners of Power Macintosh G3 computers to
install PowerPC Linux, and utilize their system to its fullest
potential."

The update is available at:

          http://www.linuxppc.org/install/g3/

PowerPC Linux requires a PCI-based Power Macintosh, Macintosh
clone, or PowerBook.

PowerPC Linux Inc. is a leading distributor of the Linux
operating system for PowerPC-based computers, including the
BeBox, Power Macintosh and clones, and Motorola PowerSTACK
systems. The Linux operating system runs on the Intel x86, DEC
Alpha, SPARC, and PowerPC processors.

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691