Re: tlug: Re: your mail

    Scott> On Mon, 11 May 1998, Marcus Metzler wrote:
    >>
    >> Scott Stone writes: > Thanks, this works great... what's the
    >> 'utimeout' for, is that how long it > has to be idle before
    >> umounting it?  Yes, I think so

    Scott> well, unless it's specified in HOURS, it must be something
    Scott> else.. I've had it mounted for 4 hours, inactive, and it
    Scott> hasn't unmounted itself.. sigh...  I guess I have to pore
    Scott> through that awful texinfo docs again :)

Are you sure that you don't have a shell with the device in the
current path? That is, if you do a

	cd /mnt/cdrom/some/path/down/here

Then to automounter will never be able to unmount. It gets tricky when
you then rsh, telnet, start another subshell etc. Until you exit back
out and cd, umount will not work.

Try to manually unmount. If you get a "device busy" message, then
thats the problem. You might be able to use lsof to find the culprit.

Andy

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691