Re: tlug: amd

    Klaus> Martos-Riano wrote:
    >>
    Klaus> Unfortunately I don't know how to tell amd to use the
    Klaus> iso9660 FS type. It might be necessary to have a look at
    Klaus> the source. But, AFAIK, the 2.1 kernel has autmounting
    Klaus> support built-in (with help of a user-level daemon). So, I
    Klaus> expect the "dinosaur" amd to be replaced by that
    Klaus> combination in the future. It still runs on my machine
    Klaus> (2.0.33), though :-)
    >>  I think you should be able to pass regular mount options to
    >> amd. I know can do this with SunOS and Solaris, I'm not sure
    >> about amd, but I expect that it is possible. There was some
    >> good postscript docs on amd, which detailed all the options. If
    >> you can't find it, I should be able to dig up a copy. On RH 5.0
    >> I'm using autofs instead of amd, though previously I used amd.
    >>
    >> At work I have:
    >>

    >> tkprod -ro ronin:/export4/tss:&
    >>
    >> in an automount map. This mounts ronin's /export4/tss/tkprod as
    >> a read only file system.

    Scott> OK, I got it to automatically mount.. now how do I make it
    Scott> UNmount after x amount of time??

For amd, -w does it:

       -w interval
              Specify  an  interval, in seconds, between attempts
              to dismount filesystems that  have  exceeded  their
              cached times.  The default is 2 minutes.

and for autofs, automount takes:

  -t, --timeout
              Set the minimum timeout, in seconds, until directo-
              ries are unmounted.   The  default  is  5  minutes.
              Setting  the timeout to zero disables unmounts com-
              pletely.

Andy
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691