Re: tlug: amd

Martos-Riano wrote:
> I thought automounting was to add a line at /etc/fstab with the same options
> used with the command mount. are there other orthodox methods?

Automounting means to mount volumes automatically, triggered by accessing
special directories, i.e. the places where you want to see the volumes mounted.
Very popular is the amd configuration for NFS, /net/<hostname>/<exported path>.
So you just cd into that directory and have it mounted automagically. When no
process is accessing the volume anymore, it is unmounted after a certain period.
Very convenient.

Unfortunately I don't know how to tell amd to use the iso9660 FS type. It might
be necessary to have a look at the source. But, AFAIK, the 2.1 kernel has
autmounting support built-in (with help of a user-level daemon). So, I expect
the "dinosaur" amd to be replaced by that combination in the future. It still
runs on my machine (2.0.33), though :-)

--
Klaus Kudielka			     Communications Research Laboratory
Tel. ++81-42-327-6494	       Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications