Re: tlug: eVote - not sendmail

On Sat, 9 May 1998, Jim Schweizer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think I've eliminated sendmail as the culprit in getting eVote
> to work. Chech this out:
>
> [root@example.com majordom]# ./eVote_mail sync test
> MAJORDOMO_PL is not in the environment.
> Can't open /etc/majordomo.cf for reading.
>
> Request failed.
> [root@example.com majordom]# ls -l majordomo.cf
> -rw-r--r--   1 majordom daemon      10542 May  9 13:17
> majordomo.cf
>
> Now I'm pulling my hair out.....

It's times like this that i'm grateful for strace.  Try it.  It'll tell
you where and when it's trying to open what files, and the error codes
that it's receiving.

Better yet, rebuild it from source with -g and run it through gdb.

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691