Re: tlug: Modem question

    Manuel> Now my problem is, without the standard dial tone my modem
    Manuel> even doesn't want to dial this first 0.  I know there is a
    Manuel> way to tell the modem to forget about the dial tone for a
    Manuel> moment (in Windoze you can do that by selecting some check
    Manuel> box or so, I think).

Manuel,

	What you want is to tell the modem to blind dial, for one of
the modem I have here, its:

Xn Select Result Codes/Call Progress Options

This command enables tone detection options used in the dialing
process.  As these functions are chosen, the modem's result codes are
also affected.  This command is therefore frequently used to control
the modem's responses.  The primary function of this command is to
control the modem's call response capabilities.

   X0:      Display CONNECT or 1 for all speeds.
   X1:      Display the connect message according to ATW and AT\V,
            blind dial, ignore busy tone.
   X2:      Display the connect message according to ATW and AT\V,
            wait for dial tone, ignore busy tone.
   X3:      Display the connect message according to ATW and AT\V,
            blind dial, check the busy tone after dialing.
   X4:      Display the connect message according to ATW and AT\V,
            wait for dial tone, check the busy tone after
            dialing. (Default)

Result Codes:
   OK          n = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
   ERROR   Otherwise.

I don't remember which modem this is for, but hopefully its fairly
generic...

I use this to dial out through out PBX. I just have to give a 0
first. I actually use '0,' and then the number so that it waits a
second before dialing the number. This makes sure I have a dial tone.

Andy
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691