tlug: Modem question

Hi!

This question is not really Linux specific, but I stumbled
over it when configuring my PPP scripts.  If I am in a hotel
with my NotePC (running Linux of course ;-) and I want to
dial out, then usually I have to prepend a 0 to get out of
the hotel's local telephone system and get the usual dial
tone.

Now my problem is, without the standard dial tone my modem
even doesn't want to dial this first 0.  I know there is a
way to tell the modem to forget about the dial tone for a
moment (in Windoze you can do that by selecting some check
box or so, I think).  I consulted the docu of my modem and
it seemed that I have to put a @ or W into the ATDP command,
but that doesn't work.  Any ideas?

(I guess, this is independet of the modem, but I use a 3Com
Etherlink III -- combined Ethernet/modem PCMCIA card.)

Thanks,

Manuel

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691