Re: Using local MTA re: tlug: Naive VM question

> custom. But, satellite telephone like Iridium can make good competiton
> against NTT? Iridium costs 50USD for basic fee all over the world and
> is going to operate this september, I believe. Japan is not a
If it ever will work satisfactorily. I happen to have been
involved in insider studies about system feasibility some years
ago. Actually, the system is already flawed from the link margin
side. It also has a data transfer rate of only 2400 bit/s. In
fact, insiders believe that they simply had to continue because
they had already used up too much money from too many people and
just had to put up something that works somehow - there is
little doubt in insider circles that it will _never_ break even.

This does not mean that it is impossible to design systems of
that kind that work economically. It just means that the design
of Iridium is pretty much hosed.

                                   Karl-Max Wagner
                                   karlmax@example.com
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691