RE: tlug: security hole in TurboLinux/TurboLinuxJ

Scott Stone writes:

 > Seeing as how the previous message told you where to get the J patches,
 > I'll say yes :)
 >
 > For now, until the vector mirror updates, ftp the etcskel and xinitrc rpm
 > packages from the tlug server's /tmp dir.

Oh oh, xhost +, that can cause a lot of trouble. We had that kind of free
access to other peoples X-Terminals a couple of years ago at Cologne University
and its a lot of fun to change somebody elses keymap :), or if you really
don`t like them kill all their windows. Or maybe just set their screensaver
interval to 1 sec. Not to give anyone any suggestions ;-).

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
Department of Physics    | $B")(B $B#2#7#4(B
Toho University          | $B@example.com)A%66;T;0;3#2!<#2!<#1(B
Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, | $BElK.Bg3X(B  $BM}3XIt(B  $BJ*M}(B
Chiba 274-8510           |
Japan			 |
e-mail : mocm@example.com