RE: mail spool lock (was: tlug: two problems)

-----Original Message-----
差出人 : Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull@example.com>

>    jb> What's so weird is that this used to be fine, and then all of
>    jb> a sudden one day when I booted into Linux it was hosed :-(
>
>Probably not, but if you don't remember what else you were doing at
>the time, I can't help you with that....  I really don't believe that
>you haven't changed your mailbox link, either by updating jpine or by
>resetting the link from something else(pine?) to jpine, though.

Well, anything is possible, but I haven't updated jpine since it was
installed, and I don't know how to change my mailbox link, so if I did
something, it was a doozie of an accident :-)

>Try running both pine and jpine from the command line.  Note that pine

It happens to both of them.  Of course, going SU and running them lets them
both work :-)

I may just sledgehammer it and reinstall jpine.  I'm know I'm not supposed
to take that approach - it's not Windows, after all :-)   - but once this is
fixed I'll really be able to spend most of my work day in Linux, so I'm
looking forward to getting it sorted out. A sledgehammer might be my
shortest route from point A to point B :-)

Thanks,

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691