RE: mail spool lock (was: tlug: two problems)

----Original Message-----
差出人 : Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull@example.com>

>We really need to see the owner and group.  what does
>
>ls -ld /var/spool/mail /var/lock /var/spool/mail/jonathan
>say?

drwxrwxr-x   4 root     jonathan     1024 Sep 10  1997 /var/lock
drwxrwxr-x   2 root     mail         1024 Apr 28 09:59 /var/spool/mail
-rw-rw----   1 jonathan mail       274634 Apr 28 09:59
/var/spool/mail/jonathan

Going to /var and doing a chown root:jonathan lock and chmod g+w lock didn't
help.

If nothing else works, I suppose I could just reinstall the Jpine RPM :-)

What's so weird is that this used to be fine, and then all of a sudden one
day when I booted into Linux it was hosed :-(

I failed to mention it before, but I am running Fetchmail.  Can anything in
Fetchmail cause a problem like this?  If so, what should I do to fix
it/prevent it from doing it again?

>I don't care what Scott says about it working at PHT, I don't think
>with those owners and the permissions you showed above that _both_ Pine
>and Pine-j can work at the same time.  Think about it.

Jpine is what's linked to the mailbox icon in my AfterStep setup, and it
used to work ,but now I'm having this problem.  I haven't tried running just
pine from a kterm window.  Do you think I should?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691