tlug: Linux and MO disks

I'm not highly familiar with MO disks, so I'd like to ask a couple of basic
questions on using them with Linux:

1) Can Linux be booted from an MO disk?

2) Assuming the answer to the above is "yes," would an extremely small (only
there for the purpose of backing up and restoring the system) fit on a 230
MB MO disk?

3) If we're still on a yes roll here, can the boot device also be the
backup/restore device, or does its containing the root file system preclude
this?

4) Does Linux see MO disks as just another SCSI device, or are there
supported and unsupported models?  If there are specific models that are
supported, can you tell me some?

TIA,

Jonathan Byrne <E-mail:jq@example.com>
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691