RE: tlug: tlug-server:

    jb> -----Original Message-----差出人 : Scott Stone
    jb> <sstone@example.com>

    >> Personally, I like Redhat's dir structure.... TL's is a
    >> modified version of it.  Our TLJ version is the best variant, I
    >> think, but not as applicable here.  I propose it should be
    >> like:
    >>
    >> /../tlug/ i386/ tar-gz rpm/ SRPMS RPMS

    jb> Under the RPMS directory, will it then be divided up by
    jb> category, as in the Debian structure?  I like that category
    jb> system a lot.

Of course not in raw form.  This is one of the big flaws with Red
Hat.  But you can do something like

DEBIAN_END_OF_NAME_CHAR = # one of ._- ;-)

for d in deb/*; do if [ -d d ]; then
 if [ ! -e rpm/$d ]; the mkdir rpm/$d; fi
 for p in $d/*; do
   PBASE=`(cd rpm/RPMS; ls | fgrep ${p%${DEBIAN_END_OF_NAME_CHAR}*})`
   for r in $PBASE; do ln -s ../RPMS/$r rpm/$d/$r; done
   echo "$r" >> list_of_packages_not_needing_hand_linking
 done
fi; done

and get a head start on porting the directory structure from Debian to
RedHat.  The bloated RPMS directory has the advantage that you don't
need to go cd'ing around when installing or ftp'ing, of course.  So
keep it around.

Making that script work is an exercise for somebody who will actually
use the RPM library ;-)

Ain't computers wunnerful?

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691