Re: tlug: Netscape 4.05

Hello, everybody. Golden week is approaching. How is your plan?
Blaine wrote:

> Just to let you know, I tried out the newest version of Netscape this
> eveing (4.05) and found it extremely buggy.
 The newest version is 5.0b1. Needless to say it's buggy. But it's
interesting to use Netscape5.0b1 on kernel 2.1.97.

 I succeeded to compile Netscape5.0b1 with Lesstif. I edited just one
line of Netscape5.0b1 source code.
 I changed the 592-nd line of 'cmd/xfe/Makefile' as
'/usr/local/lib/libXm.so.1.2.0 \'.
I used kernel 2.0.33 on RedHat5.0.

 In Japanese they sometimes say like this.
 Question: Why do you climb the mountain?
 Answer:   Because there's a mountain.

 Question: Why do you use Netscape5.0b1?
 Answer:   Because thers's a source code.

With Netscape5.0b1 you can't use Java. It often generates unnecessary
windows. One of bookmark buttons doesn't work. But I prefer to use
Netscape5.0b1.

Cheers,

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691