Re: FSF Emacs 20.x [was Re: tlug: Intimidation? [was: Office suite for use under Linux]

Frank Bennett wrote:

> > > 移民局で努めたことないですが  :)  :)
> >
> > Because this is a misinput.
>
> Tell me what the mistake is, please, before I ruin more people's
> lives by tormenting them with the same error.

It is not a mistake if expressed verbally, because listeners interpret it
favorably
anyway. But when it is written, it becomes strange because it means you
tried at the
office rather than you worked at the office. Words as you hear have
severally meanings,
In Japanese, Kanji is attached to a word to complement and clarify
meanings. So you should use "勤める" instead of "努める". They sound same.
But the
meanings are of course different. Those Kanjis are I believe taught in the
primary
school. So if you handwrite that, people would assess your Japanese level
like last
grade or so in the primary school. But, if you use the computers, using
Kanji converter,
people gives you the benefit of the doubt and assume you made input errors.
Because a lot of people make the same mistakes, again and again. Even so in
TV,
there are a lot of corretion and embarrassing.

Even things get worse, as Japanese borrows Kanji Complex heavily from
Chinese.
And Japanese has less phonetics than Chinese. It is easy to misunderstand.

Recently the arrest warrant issued to some ex boxing champion is "shikkou".
What does this
mean? Is it invalidated or executed Because there are two Kanji complex for
that, namely
"執行" and "失効". People will interpret it whatever they like until they
read papers.

So you should be careful about that. But you will get the benefit of the
doubt as long as
you use computers.

Regards,
Kei.

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691