FSF Emacs 20.x [was Re: tlug: Intimidation? [was: Office suite for use under Linux]

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Irene Langner wrote:

> Like with my last system upgrade: Red Hat 5.0, Japanese support in
> FSF Emacs 20 not working, no mime or pgp support for mh-e built in etc.

Just to summarize.  FSF Emacs 20 needs the fontset set to display
Japanese under X.  I set mine to standard.  Press the mouse 1 and the
shift at the same time to bring up the fontset menu.  FSF Emacs 20
cannot display Japanese in a kterm or under kon.  Canna support
is possible using dynamic libraries.  I posted information in Japanese
earlier.

mime and pgp support are available under mew.  Mew works in Emacs
and is the most popular mail reader among the JLUG people.

Procmail can be used with Mew with prom-mew.

I've found that edict.el works under XEmacs20.x.  Stephen Turnbull
has released a new version that is an improvement.  I'm still
using the old version.  I am having problems with the old version of
edict.el under Emacs20.

Please feel free to post these types of questions to the list.

Also, we've expanded searching and archive services of the mailing
lists.  So, if you are shy, you can still make use of the resources.
However, no need to be shy.

Regards,
Craig

----
Personal: craigoda@example.com  http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda
soon to be:  craigoda@example.com
Business: TWICS - tel 03-3351-5977  e-mail craig@example.com

Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
a word from the sponsor: