RE: tlug: TkGoodStuff

Hi,

On 20-Apr-98 Alan B. Stone wrote:
> If I may interupt...does anyone out there use TkGoodStuff?

I use to use it with fvwm.

> I'm trying to get it to work with a new configuration I wrote
> in FVWM2, but I'm out of breath.  I'd appreciate some help.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but why not use the FvwmButtons
function provided with FVWM2. From my .fvwm2rc95

#------------------ FvwmButtons (from 2.0.42)
*FvwmButtonsFore Black
*FvwmButtonsBack #c0c0c0
*FvwmButtonsFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
# Geometry - really likes to pick its own size
*FvwmButtonsGeometry +245+794
# Layout: specify rows or columns, not both
*FvwmButtonsRows 1

# Define the buttons to use.....

# *FvwmButtons(Title xclock, Icon clock.xpm, \
#             Swallow(UseOld) "xclock" 'Exec xclock -bg \#c0c0c0
\
#             -padding 0 -geometry -1500-1500 &')
*FvwmButtons(2x1, Title "system load", \
             Swallow(UseOld) "xload" 'Exec xload \
                     -nolabel -bg grey60 -update 5 -geometry
-1500-1500 &')
*FvwmButtons(Title xterm, Icon Shell.xpm, \
             Action 'Exec "XTerm" xterm \
                     -bg black -fg green -ls -sb -fn 10x20
-title "schweiz@example.com
e" &')
*FvwmButtons(Title xfm, Icon FileManager.xpm, \
             Action 'Exec "Xfm" xfm -title "File Manager" &')
*FvwmButtons(Title XFMail, Icon Mail.xpm, \
             Action 'Exec "XFMail" /home/schweiz/bin/xfmail &')
*FvwmButtons(Title xcoral, Icon emacs.next.xpm, \
             Action 'Exec "xcoral" xcoral -fg green -bg black &')
*FvwmButtons(Title xview, Icon xv.color.xpm, \
             Action 'Exec "xv" xv &')
*FvwmButtons(Title gview, Icon postscript_3d.xpm, \
             Action 'Exec "ghostview" ghostview &')
*FvwmButtons(Title Netscape3, Icon netscape_3d.xpm, \
             Action 'Exec "Netscape"
/usr/local/lib/netscape/netscape.sh -geometry
 920x622+90+5 &')
*FvwmButtons(Title kill, Icon bomb_3d.xpm, Action Destroy)
*FvwmButtons(2x1, Swallow(UseOld) "Desktop" 'FvwmPager 0 0')

This does a really good imitation of TKgoodstuff and you can
change the icons really easily. Another approach is to use
TKDesk as it comes with a button bar as well (TKDesk is pretty
cool - if you haven't checked it out lately, you should.)

HTH

Jim S.

Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
#include <disclaimer.h>
While anyone can admit to themselves they were wrong, the true
test is admission to someone else.
http://www1.harenet.or.jp/~schweiz/
Next Nomikai: 15 May Fri, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
a word from the sponsor: