Re: tlug: Office suite for use under Linux

kenhrd@example.com wrote:

> <35378695.C3D7BB47@example.com>の記事において
> kfur@example.comさんは書きました。
>
> >> and you can say Windows users not welcome here.
>
> I never say Windows users (or whatever OS/software users)
> not welcome here.  Every one is welcome, and is entitled
> to enjoy talking here.

Well, it was implied.At least people perceived it was implied.
if you are an elected officer of TLUG, it is also a threat.
Because you are assumed to have a power compared to
casual user like me.
Let me explain what a threat is according to Securities-MOF
scandal happening in Japan.
If M of F officer in charge of Securiities said  just casually to
Yama-Ichi managers
that some other securities "FLY" liabilities abroad, It is implied and
ordered regardless
of a fact. Then he was summoned to diet to testify. And he said you
never ordered anything
it was a casual talk while he had power and interest depending on it.
People clearly know the implication and dodge of responsibility.
Do I really have to see a replica of what is happening in Japanese
sciety here?
People make mistakes. It is ok.
If you admit it, you can learn from it.
What I don't like to hear is an excuse like not being an naitve language
speaker of English.
I am not either and made typo a lot.

> I just wanted to say that it is not a solution for one who
> is asking "how can I do this on Linux".  See my previous
> message in reply to Jonathan.

Again  I have to mention that the dual boot is a Linux solution.
Because it is Linux that supports whatever file systems.are.
Even if it does not concern Linux, I feel it is allowed to talk as you
mentioned above. If you can not arouse much of interest,  the
topics die away.

> - I cannot afford the electricity, space, heat, and noise of two or more
>   computers at home, for Linux and Windows separately.  I cannot afford
>   the disk space for dual boot either.
>

> I do have more than two computers at home, one for Linux and
> another for Windows 95 always running, sharing files and printers
> by Samba.
>
> Most of my desktop/notebook computers' disks, though much smaller
> than 2GB, are partitioned to accommodate Linux and Windows multi-
> boot.

Which is true?
I can not make an argument while people do not seem to possess an
integrity.

Regards,
Kei.