Re: tlug: Office suite for use under Linux

> statement that anyone who doesn't use MS Office has "no common
> sense" (his exact words were $B!V>o<1%<%m!W(B). I couldn't help grimacing
Quo vadis, Japonia......
> Many of the people I work with are sophisticated computer users who
Sophisticated ?! Are you kidding ?
> have reason to be aware of the shortcomings of Microsoft products---in
> fact, they *are* aware of them. If I could count the number of hours these guys
> spend messing around with their broken MS software . . . but Windows
Must have a lot of time. I simply couldn't afford wasting such a lot of
time.......
> is "mainstream," therefore good. Standards? Windows is the
Lemmings of the computing age........the rat-catcher of Hameln is
greeting....
> standard. End of discussion. Maybe a nicely-packaged product like
> TurboLinux can become a viable alternative in Japan's academic market, but
> I'm not going to hold my breath.
If that's the kinda people that trains the next generation to successfully
compete in the 21st century, good luck !!!!!

                                      Karl-Max Wagner
                                      karlmax@example.com
a word from the sponsor: