tlug: cooperation from Toronto LUG

Ken Harada, Tokyo LUG Officer, arranged for the Toronto Linux Users Group
(another TLUG) to alias tokyo.tlug.org   to tlug.linux.or.jp.  This is already
working, so you can now access http://tokyo.tlug.org and probably send me
e-mail to craigoda@example.com  I thought this was a pretty cool demonstration
of the cooperative power of Linux.  Tokyo LUG still controls tlug.gr.jp and we're
probably going to connect make an alias to toronto.tlug.gr.jp, so maybe all the
tlugs of the world can cooperate.  :-)  (^o^)   (practicing bilingual smilies)

I've already sent ziggy@example.com a thank you note.

The barrier between Tokyo LUG and our own DNS is registration of the project
jyouhou with JPNIC.  To do this, we're going to ask OCN.  What we need to
do to make this happen is to coordinate with Scott, have someone call
OCN on behalf of Pacific HiTech and then we can submit payment of the 5,000 yen
per year to Pacific HiTech, makers of TurboLinux.

The other thing that is going on is that we're planning to make use of
Pacific HiTech's 10 meg feed in the U.S. and alias ftp.tlug.gr.jp to
a subdirectory of it that TLUG can control thanks to the generosity of
Pacific HiTech.

Regards,
Craig

a word from the sponsor: