Re: tlug: Office suite for use under Linux

> Why do you have to be a linux purist?
Many reasons: better user interface (under X), less crashes,
less problems with lost or corrupted data etc.....
> When your colleages are using Windows/Excel around you, I think it
> is easier to partition your hard disk and use both OS, then
I for me would also try to get around that. It is much more
convenient to use one OS you are comfortable with.
> use Excel on Windows to convert a Excel file into text file.
> Then use text file with your application on Linux.
Boot, reboot, reboot......
> I think even printers around you only support windows drivers,
Printers just need their protocol. They care a shit what
produces it.
> even if you can find an appropriate driver in Ghostscript,
No Problem.
> it is much slower and cruder than using a windows driver.
Are you sure ? Ghostscript is pretty fast. About crudeness, that
depends what fonts you use.
> How do you find an Office product for Windows 3.1 J nowadays,
Ask software collectors :) They are nowhere far away.

I for me would be in big shit if I had to use Windoze: I never
used it in my life and don't find it "self explaining". I only
used OS/2 and that was driving me almost mad.....

                                Karl-Max Wagner
                                karlmax@example.com
a word from the sponsor: