Re: tlug: Office suite for use under Linux

Frank Bennett wrote:

> Probably the most critical need I have is to exchange
> Japanese-version Excel files with a couple of colleagues, so I'm
> leaning toward Door Number Two at the moment ... if I can confirm
> that Japanese support will work.

Why do you have to be a linux purist?
When your colleages are using Windows/Excel around you, I think it
is easier to partition your hard disk and use both OS, then
use Excel on Windows to convert a Excel file into text file.
Then use text file with your application on Linux.
I think even printers around you only support windows drivers,
even if you can find an appropriate driver in Ghostscript,
it is much slower and cruder than using a windows driver.
How do you find an Office product for Windows 3.1 J nowadays,
while everyone else is going to use Windows98?

Regards,
Kei.