RE: tlug: Office suite for use under Linux

-----Original Message-----
差出人 : Scott Stone <sstone@example.com>

>IMHO, your best bet is to get Applixware-J for Linux, preferably along
>with a copy of TurboLinux-J PRO, since that includes the Wnn6 Japanese
>Input System (fully licensed professional version).  OR, you can buy that
>separately from us w/o purchasing TurboLinux.

I would second this idea.  I'm a very satisfied TurboLinux user and also a
beta tester for Applix-J.  I agree with Scott's assessment that it will
cover most of your office needs.  The word processing and spreadsheet
capabilities in Applix are quite good.  The only question mark area is the
file import.  As Scott also noted, the standard Applix file import filters
can be a bit unrefined :-)  However, if they can get some good filters in
it, that will really be super.  If Applix learns to import and export Office
97 files, that will be too cool.  Heck, if it even learns to handle the old
Office formats *well*, that will be really nice too :-)

Jonathan