Re: tlug: was email software --> UNICODE input

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Olinsky, Craig wrote:

> 	Does anyone have any good ideas?  Or is the localized approach the
> ideal, and the idea of a common input method simply counterproductive?

I think localized IME is ideal, bearing in mind that one is usually
not writing characters, but writing a message in some specific language.
At least in Japanese, I find using an IME much easier than recalling
how to write the kanji.

On the output side, I am disappointed by the lack of full Unicode
fonts on so many systems.  But pragmatically, by the same argument,
if you haven't got the font, then you probably couldn't read it anyway.

--
David Beutel    "Instead of studying for finals, what about just going to
jdb@example.com     the Bahamas and catching some rays?  Maybe you'll flunk,

a word from the sponsor: