tlug: An ethernet card that I am not able to configure -- NetBSD & Linux

The whole thing is that I am not able to configure the ne2000  Ethernet card.

the make menuconfig includes (not with a M of module but with a * of inclusion)
the three modules needed for having the ethernet card running, the Ethernet
module, the ne2000 module, and a third module for internetworking (the ones I
was told on saturday).

After compiling the kernel and booting with it, I can check again that dmesg
doesn't display any message regarding an eth0 or anything similar.

Suggestions?

Another question. I am allowed to install Linux in a computer where FreeBSD is
already running. I have to do a partition, I will search fips now and see if it
also works with FreeBSD HD. If it doesn't, the only option I see is to format,
partition, and install both systems. Other options?

By the way, can anyone tell me any interesting site with information about
FreeBSD and Linux interaction.

Thank you very much again,

dm