Re: tlug: recommendable email software]

Thanks for the response. Deeply appreciated, as usual.

Bottom line: there IS no system that deals with i18n smoothly, huh?  I
guess part of the problem is that not many people want to include
multiple scripts in one file, for whatever purpose. Most just want
their language plus English, which is an l10n issue. Boohoo.

    Stephen> Under XEmacs and recent Gnus, Customize is making it a
    Stephen> lot easier.

Ok. I've been putting XEmacs aside 'cause I had my brain more than
full just dealing with FSF Emacs and 'cause I started with that and
'cause I have a lot of respect for RMS, radical or no. (I dodged a few
tear gas containers at Berkeley in the late 60's, so that may explain
it. But what really explains it are the ones that hit me in the head.)

    Stephen> I18Nizing Mozilla is not going to be that easy; Motif is
    Stephen> not that good at it.  Also, despite the freeing of the
    Stephen> Mozilla code source, the bugs and incompleteness of
    Stephen> Lesstif are going to hold back Linux/FreeBSD interest in
    Stephen> I18N to a great extent IMO.  (Lesstif does not implement
    Stephen> XIM well at all.  If you're satisfied with a read-only
    Stephen> mailer....)

Yep. Finding these things out day after day. (Hope you can press Tague
on some i18n issues at the meeting and not just Japanese localization
problems. Not so subtle hint.)

Thanks again.

Jon

--