Re: tlug: UPS

Dear Scott,

     Oh dahn, I didn't know that. That IS a probelm, isn't it.
However, at my Network, I use fairy robust outlets. Buuuuuut,
I will keep my eye on them. We use hoovering quite a lot.
BTW Scott, my UPSes are working all right because of you.
Thanks very much. I intentionally pulled a plug off the outlet
and beauty the BkPro started working in a hundredth of a sec.
That is grand. Thanks again.
     I thougt you were saying cleaner would hoover UPSes entirely
into its tummy!!!!!! hahahha

  Yong-Ming

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:37:07 +0900 (JST)
        Scott Stone wrote:

>You know, a UPS is in some ways a lot like a puppy.  At least, they both
>seem to strongly dislike vacuum cleaners... 2 seconds of vacuuming is all
>it takes to overload a Bkpro500 and shut down 3 machines.  Unfortunately
>the three machines were my main server, MY workstation, and my CD
>writing/glibc testing machine (which was burning a CD at the time,
>actually).
>
>It was worse even than the time in the USA office when someone plugged the
>fridge into the same UPS as the router and the hub... and of course the
>marketing people who'd plug their space heaters into their UPSes and then
>come screaming at me, "Why does my computer keep crashing??"...
>
>You know, they should make special outlets on the back of UPSes and you
>have to have a special computer power cable to plug into them - that way
>people COULDNT plug normal appliances into them.

>Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com, sstone@example.com>
>               <sstone@example.com>
>Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.
>http://www.pht.com		http://armadillo.pht.co.jp
>http://www.pht.co.jp	        http://www.turbolinux.com

>Next TLUG Meeting: 11 April Sat, Tokyo Station Yaesu gate 12:30
>Featuring Tague Griffith of Netscape i18n talking on source code
>a word from the sponsor:
>TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System
>www.twics.com  info@example.com  Tel:03-3351-5977  Fax:03-3353-6096

a word from the sponsor: