RE: tlug: UPS

>You know, a UPS is in some ways a lot like a puppy.  At least, they both
>seem to strongly dislike vacuum cleaners... 2 seconds of vacuuming is all

Hehheh.  What a nice, heartwarming story to come back to after spending 6
hours out in the field flogging modems at access points (most of that time
was spent commuting) :-)

>It was worse even than the time in the USA office when someone plugged the
>fridge into the same UPS as the router and the hub... and of course the
>marketing people who'd plug their space heaters into their UPSes and then
>come screaming at me, "Why does my computer keep crashing??"...

Ah, yes, those lovely Utah winters that require a space heater in the
office.  If it got that cold here, I'd want a UPS for my space heater. too.
And of course, we don't want the office beer getting cold in summer, so we
probably really need one for the fridge, too :-)

Jonathan