Re: tlug: buying Linux/UNIX/Internetworking related books in Tokyo

柴です。

In message <3529CD9C.C91E245B@example.com>
   "Martos-Riano <martos@example.com>" wrote:

> Can someone tell me where I can find basic books of Linux (The Bible, etc...)
> and some more other related to UNIX & Internetworking in Tokyo? Since I cannot
> print documentation and it's tiring to read information on the web, I am looking
> for some basic things.

I read only Japanese books, so I can tell you about books written in Japanese.

How about the URL below.
http://epsenewsc.gee.kyoto-u.ac.jp/JF/choice2.html

Which I think nice books are "Linux 入門", "Linux パワーガイドブック",
"Networking Linux".
Linux 入門	ISBN4-8101-8955-4 	4,500yen
Linux パワーガイドブック	ISBN4-7741-0523-6	forgot the price(4,000-5,000?)
Networking Linux	ISBN4-7561-1291-9	forgot the price(2,000-3,000?)

 I've heard "UNIX the super text"s are good.
I want to try them near future.

> There is said to be a bookstore in Akihabara, but I don't even know the name and
> how to get there. Can someone tell me how?

The bookstore which I can tell "nice one" is LaOX the computer-KAN.
http://www.akiba.or.jp/map/index.html
http://www.akiba.or.jp/map/map12.html

Check it, and good luck

Akira SHIBATA             Let bygones be bygones
E-mail:shibata@example.com 既往は咎めず