Re: tlug: Turbo linux and Apache.

Hello, cherry blossoms are in full bloom.

> Hi, I just wiped out my RH5 and installed Turbo Linux just to see what
> it's like. My friend brought me CD-ROMS and it was too tempting.
 You can install both RH5 and Turbo Linux on a single harddisk. You can
switch between packages using LILO. I do this between 'RedHat 5.0' &
'S.u.S.E. 5.1'.

> Now that I have almost everything back to normal, I noticed something...
> Where's httpd???
 I wonder you installed 'Turbo Linux Lite'. Here in Japan there are lots
of magazines and books with 'Turbo Linux Lite'. I myself bought a magazine
and installed 'Turbo Linux Lite'. I erased it in a couple of hours. It was
a waste of time. You can't even compile source files.

> I tried installing Apache (RPM) but there are just too many failed
> dependencies.... I'm confused. even /bin/sh was one of failed
> dependencies. I NEED to have apache running on my machine.
 I wonder if you used RPM for 'RedHat5.0'. You need to try RPM files
for Turbo Linux or at least RPM files for 'RedHat 4.2'.

Cheers,
Masa    Uc^ida Masatomo,Hidaka,Saitama,Japanio
<http://www1.nisiq.net/~masatomo>