Re: tlug: help on notebook purchase

> Older Librettos use a Trident video chipset, which WILL work with Linux.
wrong. Libretto 20 & 30 use a cl-gd 7548 ( Cirrus Logic ). Up to
Libretto 70 they used the C&T CT65550. All those work fine with
X-free.
> Newer ones use a NeoMagic chipset, which will NOT (unless you purchase Xi
Correct for Libretto 100 ----> hands off that machine. Take an
older one (is cheaper, too).
> Graphics' Accelerated X for Notebooks, which is about $250 USD - I'm not
> sure if MetroX supports it or not...).  In fact, MOST notebooks being sold
> in Japan nowadays use this chipset, so read the specs carefully and make
> sure that you're buying one that does NOT use the NeoMagic.  Sharp
Maybe kicking Neo Magic a bit might help. Just think of Diamond
and Matrox. Scott, what do you think of approaching them and
tell them that their secrecy policy is big shit ?
> notebooks, I  know, do not.  Fujitsu, Panasonic, Toshiba, and Sony all do.

                           Karl-Max Wagner
                           karlmax@example.com
a word from the sponsor: