tlug: strange problem.

Scott Stone writes:
 > Ok, I have a problem where my system cannot find my canna lib - says
 > '-lcanna: no such file or directory'.  The situation:
 >
 > Canna libraries (shared and static) are in /usr/jp/lib
 >
 > /usr/jp/lib is in /etc/ld.so.conf
 > I've run ldconfig
 >
 > Why can't it find libcanna.so?
 >
 > If I symlink it into /usr/lib, it works just fine, but I shouldn't have to
 > do this.  Any insights?

/etc/ld.so.conf specifies RUN-TIME option, while (I guess) you need to
specify COMPILE-TIME option.  Please add -L/usr/jp/lib for compile
option like:

       gcc -o nantoka nantoka.o .... -L/usr/jp/lib -lcanna

P.S.
I'm new to this list.  For Linux, I maintain PLIP driver.  For GNU,
I've been working for GNU Emacs and MULE merge at Tsukuba.
Nice to meet you everyone!
--
NIIBE Yutaka
Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.