RE: tlug: Xwrapper "and Cathedral and Bazaar"

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Jonathan Byrne--3Web wrote:

> >Hi, I recently did an upgrade to TurboLinux1.4J and am getting
> >an error message about root access to the X server when I attempt
>
> Yeah, this little "feature" happens to me, too.  I don't know what Xwrapper
> is either, but TurboLinux 1.0 didn't do this and I kind of wish 1.2/1.4J

Jonathan,
how did you solve the problem?  Or, RU only running as root?

Re: Cathedral and Bazaar
Page 68 of the newest Linux Journal has an article by Eric S. Raymond
on how the strategy of Netscape opensource development model was
influenced by the Linux community, FSF (indirectly stated), and
his paper Cathedral and Bazaar.   I think it would be helpful to the
Japan Linux Community to get this paper out soon.  I think the
MIME definitions in the HTML of the pages on the TLUG server might
be wrong.  If someone wants to fix it and include Hiroo Yamagata's
(the translator) suggestions, please edit it and either save to the
TLUG server or to me and we can help Hiroo make some announcements
to the general community.  I'm going to write to Eric and see
if he will let us post the article on our web server, since it
relates to our upcoming meeting with the open source Netscape
theme.

----
Personal: craigoda@example.com  http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda
soon to be:  craigoda@example.com