tlug: Xwrapper

Hi, I recently did an upgrade to TurboLinux1.4J and am getting
an error message about root access to the X server when I attempt
to start X as a standard user.

The error message is shown below.   Is Xwrapper something new
or has it always been a part of X?

Also, I noticed a nice configuration utility at Scott's office.
Jonathan also mentioned it.  What is this utility called?

Regards,
Craig

  -------------------Begin Error Message -------------------------

Operating System: Linux 2.0.33 i586 [ELF]
Configured drivers:
  Mach64: accelerated server for ATI Mach64 graphics adaptors (Patchlevel 0)

Fatal server error:
xf86OpenConsole: Server must be running with root permissions
You should be using Xwrapper to start the server or xdm.
We strongly advise against making the server SUID root!

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

"Knowledge is the air and light of civilization.  Transform it and you
transform all else."
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096

a word from the sponsor: