Re: tlug: help on notebook purchase

D.A. Walter さんは書きました:
>Is there anybody out there using Linux on a Toshiba Libretto or Fujitsu
>Biblo (A5 size)? Both are selling at T-Zone (Kobe) for 99,800 yen. I
>plan to buy one of them. Which do you think would have less problems
>installing Linux?
>
>Is there anybody using Linux on one of them now?

David,

I am using Libretto 30 (486/100, 20MB, 1.4G with replaced HDD) with
RHL4.2 (kernel 2.0.30) and it works fine.  As the FDD is non-standrd
PCMCIA type, you need a little trick to install linux (I put my HDD
to my desktop, install linux and put it back to Lib), but there are
a plenty of sites of such explanation.

I have not used Biblo Sub (I think it is Pentium100, 16MB, 1GBHDD),
but I have seen a friend of mine runs FreeBSD on it - so there should
not be any problem installing Linux (on your own risk, please).

Both are nice machines.  For myself, Lib is better in its size and
weight, but its keyboard is way too small for any writing.  I use
Lib mainly to _read_ e-mails and HOWTOs.

Regards,
Ken

Ken Harada = 原田  健
Hayama, Japan
http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Member of:
	Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama (IMASY)
	Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)