RE: tlug: RE: cathedral and bazaar Japanese

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Jonathan Byrne--3Web wrote:

> I duplicated the problem with Communicator 4.04 under Linux.  I was able to
> view it with Lynx when I set the charset to iso-2022-jp and the encoding to

Jonathan,
after hearing your comments, I thought about the encoding again.  I
just ran it through nkf (new kanji filter) on my Linux box and
it appears fine on my Linux version of Communicator 4.04 now.

Thanks to Thomas Baetzle for html conversion of Hiro Yamagata's
translation of Eric S. Raymond's Cathedral and the Bazaar, a
truly international cooperative volunteer effort involving three
countries, two primary languages, and one OS (Linux of Course!
it's everywhere.  :-)

Draft of html version is
   http://tlug.linux.or.jp/docs/cathedral-bazaar/

However, let's hold that URL as a test one for now.  The
head "next section" and "previous section" tags have a small
problem on this version.    次章 is found only on the front
page.  After this, it got mixed up with 前章 I think that
Thomas should be able to easily make this correction.

Thomas, are you planning to make your latex2html Japanese conversion
scripts available?  Although, LaTeX2html is supposed to
support CJK now, I have not got it working yet.

Anyway, thank you for your hard work.

-- Craig

----
temporary:  craigoda@example.com       http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craig