tlug: Re: tlug.linux.or.jp

Thomas,
this seems like a worthy goal.  However, IMHO it might
be better if we took up a collection at the next meeting
and offered JLUG a small donation first as a sign of TLUG's
willingness to support the larger goals of JLUG.  From what
I understand, the goals of JLUG and organizational structure
are very similar to TLUG.  The language of discourse is different,
Japanese vs. English.  I think TLUG is also less structured
with a more free-flow organizational philosophy.  Thus, there
is a need for TLUG to be seperate from JLUG, but I also think
there are many merits toward close cooperation.

Anyway, at the next meeting we could have _totally optional_
seperate collections for TLUG server hardware and the seperate
give-to-JLUG donation.  I think that small _optional_
amounts for an individual in the 100 to 1000 yen range would be fine
for either donation.

What TLUG plans to do with the money collected:
  1) pay for domain name registration, tlug.gr.jp,
  2) pick up some parts for the server, like a SCSI hard disk.

The money required is quite small, since most things are done
on a voluntary basis.

This is more of a 気持 thing for JLUG, where TLUG makes
a show of support.

Just my humble opinions...

   -- Craig

----