tlug: latex2html, perl, CJK.perl

Hi,
I'm still battling with latex2html endless loops on the input
of LaTeX files.  I've used both latex2html-98 and latex2html-96 with
both Perl5.004 and Perl5.003 (compiled from source).  I've
tried it on both Debian Hamm and Redhat 5.0.

latex2html will work on shorter documents, but when I use many
  \input  commands, it will hang on one of them eventually.

I can successfully use it on Debian Bo 1.3.

I'm started to suspect there might be a problem with the libraries
or something with libc6...  not sure though.

If you get it working, please help me.

 --------  Perl Question  -----

I'm trying to test latex2html on TurboLinux on the TLUG server.
If it works on TurboLinux, I'm going to install it in place of
RedHat5.0 since I have the disks on loan courtesy of Pacific HiTech.

On the TLUG server tlug.linux.or.jp, I'm getting this error
when I try to execute linux2html

[craigoda@example.com apps]$ latex2html
Can't locate Override.pm in @example.com (@example.com contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
/usr/bin/latex2html line 26.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/latex2html line 26.
[craigoda@example.com apps]$

The Override.pm is a module in /usr/lib/latex2html on the
TLUG server.

[craigoda@example.com latex2html]$ ls
Override.pm        latex2html         makemap            texexpand
configure-pstoimg  latex2html.config  pstoimg            versions
install-test       local.pm

Any hints on how to get it installed properly?  If someone on the
TLUG Server Setup team wants to fix it, yoroshiku onegaishimasu.  :-)

  ------ CJK.perl ---

An exciting event is that in /usr/lib/latex2html/styles of the
TLUG server I found that latex2html-98 installed the file CJK.perl.

The comments say:

#
# Extension to LaTeX2HTML V 96.2 to supply support for the
# "CJK" LaTeX package.
#
# The two outer representations recognized are described as follows:
# o standard CJK encodings (GB, KS, Big5, SJIS, etc.)
#   Each symbol is formed by two characters, the first in the range
#   [\201-\237\241-\376] (octal) or 0x81-0x9F, 0xA1-0xFE (hexadecimal),
#   the second in the range
#   [\100-\176\200-\377] (octal) or 0x40-0x7E, 0x80-0xFF (hexadecimal).
# o CJK internal encoding (to conveniently use CJK processed files)
#   Each symbol is a sequence with a leading character in the range
#   [\201-\237\241-\376] or 0x81-0x9F, 0xA1-0xFE,
#   a sequence of digits forming the decimal representation of the
#   second character from standard encoded form (eg. "65", "128"),
#   and a trailing 0xFF.
# The internal LaTeX2HTML representation is the same as the CJK
# encoded form.

Needless to say, if this works, I'll be totally genki about the
whole thing.  I just need to get to the point where I can use
latex2html again.

Regards,
Craig

----