tlug: cgiwrap -some suggestions

Hi all,

Nathan Neulinger, the author of CGIwrap, was kind enough to
offer some suggestions:

>> If I call a script with:
>> http://tlug.pht.co.jp/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jims/test.pl
>> then I get
>> CGIwrap Error: Real UID could not be changed!

>This is a configuration error when you built cgiwrap. Get
>version 3.6 from the ftp site, it doesn't have this problem.
>(You can fix it with 3.5, but it's easier to just grab 3.6.)

I shall grab 3.6 sometime this weekend and compile a new one.

>> from /var/log/httpd/error_log:
>> [Fri Mar 27 19:13:28 1998] access to
>> /home/httpd/cgi-bin/cgiwrapd/ failed for 210.167.65.8, reason:
>> Symbolic link not allowed
>>
>> Is this an indication of an Apache misconfiguration?

>Yes. It's saying that you did not allow symlinks. You need to
>turn that option off or not access cgiwrap through a symlink.

Guess I'd better go back and reread the Apache conf files. I
must have missed this somewhere.

Thanks Nathan. I think CGIwrap is an excellent program!

Regards,

Jim S.
a word from the sponsor: