Re: tlug: GGI

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Christopher Sekiya wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Scott Stone wrote:
>
> > Ok, does anyone have any opinions/comments about GGI?  It looks neat, and
> > if it is, it's going into TurboLinux 2.0, but I"d like to hear any
> > comments from all of you, if you've used it.
>
> It's not ready for prime time.  Linus regards GGI as evil, so the chances
> of it ever actually going anywhere are somewhere between dicey and
> nonexistent.
>
> I agree with Linus on this one, by the way -- graphic drivers should be
> done in userspace, not in kernelspace.

OK, then it stays out of TL :)  I guess the adventurous users can go out
and install it themselves if they're so inclined...

I just wish there was a way to put a sticker over the kernel that says,
"Warranty void if removed" or something like that (like they do with
hard drives, for example).

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

a word from the sponsor: