RE: tlug: Cathedral and Bazar

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 TBaetzle@example.com wrote:

> > Craig Oda suggested wrt/ my yuedit problems:
> > Do you have LANG set to Japanese?  Do you have the conversion server
> > running?  cannaserver or jserver?
> >
> No on the first count. Is that a prerequisite? And would
> it not mean that I get all other localized stuff running
> in Japanese mode? Apart from that, I did have the
> Cannaserver running, and I started kinput in the
> background before I started yuedit.

Thomas,
I'm not sure if the program will call up kinput2 unless the LANG
is set.  For example, both kterm and xemacs will not activate
kinput2 when the shift-space key is pressed unless you set the
LANG.

Try doing:

  $ export LANG=ja_JP.EUC
  $ yuedit

If this works, you can make a simple startup script like:

   #!/bin/bash
   LANG=ja_JP.EUC
   yuedit

and call the script yuedit.sh

You can then run the script when you want to start it.

Regards,
Craig

----
temporary:  craigoda@example.com       http://tlug.pht.co.jp/~craig