Re: tlug: pc cards/win95

<Pine.LNX.3.96.980326095314.4181I-100000@example.com>の記事において
sstone@example.comさんは書きました。
>> we just got a new 'let's note' here.  W95 refuses to use the 3c589 PCMCIA
>> ethernet card.  it says, simply, "This device driver needs to be changed.
>> If that doesn't work, check the hardware manual (code 2)".  (translated
>> from japanese).  What the hell is this about?  I've tried removing and
>> reinstalling the driver, doesn't work.

Hi,

I had the same experience with my 3c589D PCMCIA ethernet card and Libretto
30.  The very first time I put 3c589D to Libretto's PCMCIA slot, win95
requests to install the driver.  I cancelled it - obviously win95 did not
eat the needed driver - and then, no luck to install proper driver after
that.  My solution was - to reinstall the whole win95 (more precisely,
I copied the whole win95 system from the old HDD I replaced with the
larger one).  I also wish to know the simpler solution.

>> Haven't tried it with Linux yet, but our other notebook, with this same
>> PC card, works great under TurboLinux (never tried it with Windows :) )

At that time I could use the 3c589D on Linux without problem, and guess
you can too.

Ken Harada (原田 健)
Hayama, japan
kenhrd@example.com