Re: tlug: Mounting my W95 partition

Jonathan Byrne--3Web さんは書きました:
>And then people on my office LAN with Windows machines will be able to find
>my publicly accessible VFAT directories under the w95 directory entry?  Or
>will it look to them the same as it does when I'm booting Windows 95, where
>those directories appear directly under the root directory?
It depends on your setting.  If it is not "exported", they cannot mount
to your /w95 directory.  Please read NFS-HOWTO and SAMBA-HOWTO.

If they have account on your Linux box, I am not
sure but think you can restrict the access by chmod.  By default (at least
on my box) non-admin users can only read, and cannot write.

>What about Windows 95 long file names?  Will they be truncated when mounted
>under Linux, or will the directories appear with their current long names?
As you mount VFAT, the long file names are still there.  The problem is
on Japanese file names.

I think it is the time for you to TRY.

Regards,
Ken

Ken Harada = 原田  健
Hayama, Japan
http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Member of:
	Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama (IMASY)
	Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)